The Kentucky Derby is deemed one of the most prestigious sporting events in the world. While attendees at this year's staging, held at Churchill Downs last Saturday, turned out in haute ensembles, fashionistas on The Rock who came out in support of the American Women's Group of Jamaica (AWG) fund-raiser, 'Fashionable Derby', certainly gave them a run for their money. The hot-ticket event held at the Tai Flora Luxe-styled poolside of the Terra Nova All-Suite Hotel presented a Kentucky Derby watch party and fashion show.
One of the standout showcases from the runway segment was Resortwear by Eroleen, which sent its signature prints and silhouettes down the runway. The collection included pantsuits, kimonos, sundresses, swimwear, with a serving of sequins.
Saturday Social was front-row.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.