Weddings are an integral part of today’s digital age, so why not come along with me and navigate what it is, what you need and the best uses?
What is it?
A wedding website is a central information point where wedding guests can access all the pertinent information about the wedding and associated celebrations.
Savvy brides are today turning to online tools like a wedding website to assist them with the process of planning a wedding.
Though most wedding websites are usually based on a template that you can personalise, this digital tool is generally a website that is unique as it is customised to reflect the wedding couple.
What to include on your website and some features you should consider having on your wedding website include:
• The ability to send out your save-the-dates and invitations digitally.
• Features that allow you to track your RSVPs online to monitor your confirmed guest numbers.
• Details about the wedding.
• Accessing important information from your guests that they may want to share with you.
• A countdown to the big day.
Benefits of having a site:
• A great way to share additional information that may not be ideal on the wedding invitation or cannot be crammed onto one piece of paper.
• It is very helpful if you’re planning a destination wedding. This is where your guests could be referred to for flight and accommodation tips, and destination suggestions, and also may include a Frequently Asked Questions section to cover all of these necessary details and put guests at ease.
• Give your guests some insight into your relationship, I mean who doesn’t love a good love story? Trust me, everyone wants to know the details of how the couple met and the joys of their engagement. How did you get engaged? Where? When?
• It helps to easily communicate last-minute adjustments to the original wedding plans, and is the best way of getting the word out to guests as opposed to dozens of different phone calls and text messages.
• Cohesiveness of graphics gives your guests an idea about what to expect (or not!) as the wedding day approaches.
Here are a few tips to add a dose of wow to your website.
• Most wedding websites will have a selection of different templates to choose from in a range of designs and colours, so pick the one that ties in best to your wedding vision.
• There should be a cohesive style that reflects the couple and their celebration from the website to the invites, from the day-of essentials to post-wedding thank you’s. When your wedding website is aligned with your stationery suite, your guests get a cohesive first impression of who you are and what they can expect at the celebration.
• Add lots of photos. There’s no better place for you to use more of those engagement photos — people love to see photos, perhaps of you and your soon-to-be spouse, fun pictures of your wedding party, and maybe even a snapshot of the wedding ceremony or reception venue.
In a nutshell, a wedding website is a perfect way to streamline important information for your guests in a way that’s easy and efficient.