WATCH: Three families homeless after Kingston house fire
Three families, including children, have been left homeless after a fire gutted their three bedroom house along Foster Lane in central Kingston on Tuesday morning.
The victims say the blaze started sometime after 2:00 am.
Fire victim Ballisha Gordon described the blaze as “out of the norm”, adding that gas cylinders caused it to get out of control.
“…I heard my cousin shouting fire, fire, fire and that’s how I pulled on my door and saw a huge amount of smoke coming in through the roof and my neighbour’s house. I woke my kids, took up documents and went through a fence and that’s how I got away from the fire. Right now, I am shocked because three people have been burnt out,” Gordon told Observer Online.
She said she was grateful that the fire brigade was able to stop the fire from damaging other dwellings in the area.
“I thank the fire brigade for helping my cousin and other people in the community nearby who assisted us, because, without them, other people would’ve been affected,” she expressed.
Gordon is asking for assistance from Member of Parliament Donavon Williams to help the families to recover from the tragedy.