This screen grab from a video posted on the X account of US Southern Command (SOUTHCOM) on February 5, 2026, shows a vessel before it was struck at the direction of Commander General Francis Donovan while allegedly transiting along narco-trafficking routes in international waters, on February 5, 2026. The US military on February 5, said it killed two alleged drug traffickers in a strike on a boat in the eastern Pacific, bringing the death toll from Washington's campaign to at least 128. "Intelligence confirmed the vessel was transiting along known narco-trafficking routes in the Eastern Pacific and was engaged in narco-trafficking operations," the US Southern Command said in a post on X, adding "no US military forces were harmed" in the operation. (Photo by Handout / US Southern Command / AFP)
February 20, 2026
Three dead in latest US strike on alleged drug boat, says Pentagon
WASHINGTON, United States (AFP) — US forces on Friday launched a strike against alleged drug traffickers in the Eastern Pacific, killing three people, the military said.
“Joint Task Force Southern Spear conducted a lethal kinetic strike on a vessel operated by Designated Terrorist Organizations” along an apparent narco-trafficking route, the US Southern Command posted on X, adding that “three male narco-terrorists were killed during this action.”
The United States began targeting alleged smuggling boats in early September, killing nearly 150 people in total and destroying dozens of vessels since then.