TECHNOLOGY, and just general awareness, have made it easier nowadays to get the answers we need about the people we're intimately involved with, and so finding out the details of, say, a partner's infidelity, is now quite an easy task. Many people have been outed — video and photo evidence are the order of the day — to the point where it's no longer much of a shock when we get that 'woman to woman' phone call, DM, or WhatsApp message.
How did you find out your partner was cheating?
She left WhatsApp Web running on her work computer, and I saw flirty messages from this co-worker, the graphics guy at her workplace. I forgot about it, then one evening I was giving her a massage and she was on her phone in a Zoom meeting, when a message popped up from the same guy, and she tried to hide it. But I caught the gist of the message. I acted like I didn't see it, but afterwards I searched for his social media and saw that he had photos of him and her up, brawling with the romance. She had the nerve to say that nothing was happening when I confronted her, but I knew that she belonged to the streets.
I found black underwear in my drawer that wasn't mine, and when I asked him about it, he said maybe it belonged to the woman who cleaned our house. Except that this is an older, Christian woman, and she wouldn't wear that kind of stuff. But I played Devil's advocate and asked her anyway, and she said that while cleaning she had found the dirty panties between the pillows and our headboard, thought it was mine, and laundered it and put it away. So yes, not only was he cheating, he had brought a woman into our bed, lied on the poor day's worker, and made the woman think I was nasty enough to leave my dirty underwear in the bed.
He's a Scorpio so you know that whatever comes out of his mouth is a lie, so when he drove home a car that he said belonged to a client, my antennae went up. He said he was keeping the woman's car for a few days while she travelled because she didn't have parking at home, but then he didn't park it, he was driving the car everyday, like some gigolo. One night I followed him and saw him pick her up and take her home. I couldn't get into her gated community, but he didn't just drop her off and leave, it was two hours that I sat outside waiting, before he emerged from the complex.
She told me that she was going to a party with her cousins, except that in all her scheming and planning, she forgot to tell her cousins the story so they would know what to tell me. So late at night when I wanted to lock up and she still wasn't home, I called her cousin, because she wasn't answering her phone, and the cousin said the family was all in bed, and didn't have any plans with my girlfriend. I just locked up the house, and when she eventually came home after 3:00 am, she and the cats slept on the back verandah.
He said this girl was pregnant for him and he was stressed out and didn't know what to do, so he was asking for my help to talk sense into the girl. Mind you, as far as I knew I was his girlfriend, as far as I knew he was faithful, so imagine the double and triple whammy of finding out all this information all at once, and then him acting like I dissed him when I cursed him out.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.