Eight runners are down to compete in the $1.29-million Harlequin Cup feature event on tomorrow's 10-race programme at Caymanas Park. The three-year-old and upwards Open Allowance contest will be run over 5 furlongs (1,000m) straight.
Below is an analysis of each runner and their chances of winning.
1. MADELYN'S SUNSHINE (USA): (4 dkb/br f by Joe's Son Joey – Madelyn's Finest) – Rounding into form at the right time. Madelyn's Sunshine was beaten into second place by 3 ¼ lengths by stablemate She's My Destiny in the Lady Geeta Trophy on May 6. Madelyn's Sunshine is expected to run a very good race here once again. The only deterrent is the number one draw.
2.PRESS CONFERENCE: (5 ch g by Twilight Time – Lady Shankari) – Has every right to be in this class. Press Conference has always done well over the straight and could make his presence felt here.
3. RUNAWAY ALGO (USA): (4 ch c by Algorithms – Misunify) – Easily the best runner in the line-up. Runaway Algo easily defeated rivals by 13 ½ lengths in the Seeking My Dream Trophy over 7 ½ furlongs (1,500m) in a decent time of 1:30.4. Runaway Algo should have no problems over this galloping course and will put away rivals once more without breaking a sweat.
4. YELLOWSTONE: (4 ch g by Sensational Slam – Awry) – Capable runner but has no chance where winning is concerned.
5. DUKE: (7 g h by Casual Trick – Lady MacBeth) – Another runner who does well over the straight course. Duke comes into this race on the back end of an impressive victory, winning a 6-furlong (1,200m) event in 1:12.3 on May 7 albeit in the grade below. Duke should be the main rival for Runaway Algo.
6. LABAN: (6 b h by Sensational Slam – For Trixie) – Is going to be left behind against these.
7. EMPEROROFHECATS: (4 b c by Emperor Hall – Laws of The Cat) – has raced two times over the straight and has won both times. Emperorofthecats has speed and should make a bold bid in the early exchanges.
8. GOD OF LOVE: (7 b g by Adore The Gold – Shanda D) – finished fourth behind Emperorofthcats in a 5-furlong round course on March 25. God of Love faces Emperorofthecats here, which makes his chances of winning very slim.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.