ST CATHERINE, Jamaica— A police constable is in custody after he was allegedly held with contraband at the Portmore police station lock-up in St Catherine on Wednesday.
Charged with breaches of the dangerous drugs act and unprofessional conduct is Constable Joel Fagan.
Reports are that Constable Fagan was posted on cell guard duties but was found missing from his post around 11:45am. The cell supervisor, who went in search of Fagan, reportedly saw the constable entering the guardroom from the direction of the parking lot, carrying a drawstring bag and a bottle of water.
The constable was reportedly confronted by the custody officer at the station and the bag searched in Fagan’s presence.
The drawstring bag was reportedly found to contain a parcel wrapped in transparent plastic tape containing one box Craven “A”, a small quantity of tobacco/grabber, a small quantity of vegetable matter resembling ganja, one orange coloured lighter, one LTE cellular phone, one pack playing cards, two packs rolling paper, two dozen white tablets, and three Darco razor blades.
The seized items were handed over to the St Catherine Scenes of Crime Unit, and Fagan placed in custody.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.