CLARENDON, Jamaica— The Clarendon Police have charged a husband for the murder of his wife, which took place at their home on Toronto Terrace, Lionel Town Housing Scheme in Clarendon, on Monday, July 4.
Charged for the murder of Pamelia Gregory is 69-year-old Thadius Gregory.
Reports are that about 7:00 am, Mrs Gregory, who is bedridden, was at home with her husband and two grandsons. One of the grandsons was reportedly checking on her when he entered the room and saw her lying on the bed with blood coming from her neck.
Mr Gregory allegedly attacked the grandson with a knife when he tried to aid Mrs Gregory and a tussle ensued. The grandson managed to free himself and alerted neighbours, who called the police.
The police responded and Mr Gregory was taken into custody where he later confessed to killing his wife. He was subsequently charged.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.