ST JAMES, Jamaica – The Janet Richards Foundation, in partnership with Harbour City Shopping Mall and a Fresh Marketplace, treated the 32 mentally and physically disabled children at the Blessed Assurance Mustard Seed Home in Windsor Lodge, St James with lunch Wednesday afternoon.
Members of the foundation served hot meals and snacks to the children and staff members at the facility during lunchtime.
Richards also handed over toiletries and other educational items to the home.
Also on hand were, among others, head of the St James Police Division, Senior Superintendent Vernon Ellis; Jodel Williams, junior mayor of Montego Bay; Shavae Scale, Miss St James Festival Queen 2022; and Zhiqiang King Lu and Shifu Huang, of aFresh Marketplace and Harbour City Shopping Mall, respectively.
Entertainment was provided by Daniel Smith.
Supervisor of Mustard Seed, Cordell Howel Huie expressed appreciation to the foundation for their unwavering support.
Richards, a retired banker, pledged her continued support for the Mustard Seed Home.
The foundation had its official launch via a Zoom in 2020, a year after it was registered.
Mustard Seed is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation which has been in operation since 1978.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.