NEGRIL, Westmoreland - At least one of three people who were shot at a wedding that was hosted at a hotel in this resort town is reportedly dead.
Details surrounding the incident are unavailable at this time but the OBSERVER ONLINE understands the deceased person is a woman.
Reports are that shortly after 6:00 pm, men aboard a motorcycle drove onto a side lane located between the hotel in question and another well-known hotel. On reaching a section of the lane, one of the gunmen reportedly opened fire at the wedding guests through a fence, hitting the woman and a cameraman.
It is understood that overseas guests at a nearby hotel who were outside dining, were left traumatised and scampering for cover.
The police are carrying out investigations.
– Anthony Lewis
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.