TRELAWNY, Jamaica— Detectives assigned to the Criminal Investigation Branch in the Trelawny Police Division have charged a man with the shooting death of two-year-old Adrian Jerome Campbell in his Clark’s Town community Sunday night.
The accused has been identified as Anthony Findley, also known as ‘Boy Blue’ and ‘Buddy Man’ of a Clark’s Town, Trelawny address.
Reports are that about 8:00 pm, the Trelawny police responded to a shooting in Mack Hill District.
READ: Toddler shot dead in Trelawny
Investigations revealed that Findley and a male cousin were embroiled in a conflict. Findlay reportedly left the scene and returned with a firearm, which was used to open fire at his cousin, who was seated in a Honda motor car.
It was reported that the bullets missed the intended target and hit Campbell — the two-year-old boy — who was seated in the rear of the car. The boy was rushed to the Falmouth General Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Findlay fled the scene but was subsequently nabbed by lawmen during a stop-and-search operation in the parish.
A date is to be set for the accused's first court appearance.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.