MANCHESTER, Jamaica — Following a gridlock of over three hours after a three-vehicle crash on Friday evening, the flow of traffic is improving on the Spur Tree main road.
Read: Three-vehicle crash causes traffic pile-up on Spur Tree Hill
A police source told OBSERVER ONLINE that the crash happened about 5:00 pm close to the popular corn vending area. The crash involved two motorcars and a delivery truck. The delivery truck, which is owned by a baking company, overturned. The occupants of the vehicles reportedly were not seriously injured.
Motorists told OBSERVER ONLINE that the pileup became a gridlock when scores of unruly drivers overtook lines of traffic, impeding the flow of traffic in opposite directions.
Wrecker crews and workers from the local baking company were assisted by the police and firefighters to clear the accident scene.
The accident-prone Spur Tree main road links Mandeville and its environs to St Elizabeth and points west.
Earlier some motorists opted to travel through Plowden in south Manchester and the Beltline road to bypass the congestion on Spur Tree Hill.
— Kasey Williams
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.