WATCH: 13-y-o burn victim returns to Jamaica
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Thirteen-year-old burn victim, Adrianna Laing has returned to Jamaica after undergoing more than two dozen surgeries in the United States (US).
Laing sustained burns to more than 90 per cent of her body. Adrianna lost her three brothers and almost died herself during the blaze that ravaged their home in Westmoreland on September 4, 2022.
READ: WATCH: Young Westmoreland fire victim on her way to US for treatment
In September Laing was transported by ambulance from the University Hospital of the West Indies to the Norman Manley International Airport, then to the US to receive medical care three-and-a-half days after being badly burnt in the fire.
– Jason Cross
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.