Dear Mr Brown:
Please explain how the new job-based Express Entry candidates will be selected. I am very interested in applying. I will need help.
The Canadian Government has recently announced the launch of category-based selection draws for express entry candidates.
Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be focusing on express entry candidates who have:
1. A strong French language proficiency;
2.Work experience in the following fields:
* Health-care occupations.
* Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) professions.
* Trades occupations.
* Transport occupations.
* Agriculture and agri-food occupations.
A category-based round of invitations for express entry would entail:
• The candidates in the pool being ranked who meet the category requirements; and
• The top-ranking candidates will be invited to apply for permanent residence.
Draws this summer
The new categories are aimed to fill vacant positions throughout Canada to address the labour shortage as well as growing the prominence of the French language in French minority communities outside of Quebec.
I have received many questions about the specific occupations in these broad categories such as health-care occupations and STEM professions. I will respond to these queries in more detail in future articles.
Please visit JAMAICA2CANADA.COM for additional information on Canadian permanent residence programmes, including Express Entry, the Study & Work programme, visas or appeals, etc.
– Antonn Brown, BA (Hons), LLB, MSc, RCIC, is an immigration counsel and an accredited Canadian education agent of JAMAICA2CANADA.COM—a Canadian immigration & education firm in Kingston, and AfriCanadaServices.com in Abuja, Nigeria. Send questions/comments to email@example.com