Argentina fans at Beckford Street, downtown Kingston celebrate the team’s World Cup semi-final 3-0 victory over Croatia on Tuesday.
Hailing the team’s captain and star footballer Lionel Messi as “One Messi”, the frenzied fans also declared that their team now has one hand on the World Cup.
That cup match is scheduled for Sunday, December 18, 2022 against the winner of today’s second semi-final between France and Morocco.
World Cup coverage in Sport.
(Photo: Garfield Robinson)
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.