Sure, the 14th is known for roses and romance, but the day before is a celebration of female friendships. Galentine's Day — made famous by Amy Poehler's character Leslie Knope in the TV series Parks and Recreation — has gained a lot of traction IRL ever since the initial Galentine's Day episode aired in 2010. Per Leslie's edict: "It's only the best day of the year! Every February 13th, my lady friends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home, and we just come and kick it — breakfast-style. Ladies celebrating ladies."
And By The Cabana principal Tyana Harriott is here for it! In celebration of the day, the fashion designer has culled some of the girliest pieces from her collection that'll have you looking fly next Monday.
Whether you're new to the concept or just looking to take your Galentine's Day festivities to the next level, Harriott has got you covered. From whimsical dresses to oh-so-flattering linen shorts sets, and prints a-plenty, take a page out of Leslie's book, get dolled up in the latest from By The Cabana, gather the girls, and do something special!
Photographer: Saskee Lee
Models: Tyana Harriott, Kenisha Harrison, Selina Prestwidge, & Tamieka Boodie
By The Cabana
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.