Liverpool host Manchester United in mouth-watering Northwest Derby
The Northwest Derby is traditionally the biggest football game played in England, and it pits heavyweights Liverpool versus Manchester United together. Both teams will go head-to-head this Sunday in a make-or-break match for United’s Coach Erik Ten Hag. However, prior to that match, Arsenal and Brighton will square off in another mouth-watering Premier League clash.
Event # 1 – EPL – Arsenal vs Brighton – 9:00 AM
Arsenal will be aiming to return to winning ways in the Premier League when they host top four aspirants Brighton at the Emirates on Sunday, Friday. Having been beaten 1-0 by Aston Villa last weekend, the Gunners, Arsenal were ousted from top of the league by Liverpool who defeated Crystal Palace. With this fixture in mind, Arsenal rested most of their stars in the midweek Champions League game against PSV and played out a 1-1 draw. Indeed, Arsenal have been exceptional at home, claiming 22 from a possible 30 points and have lost just two of their last 17 League games at home since May. They have turned the Emirates into a fortress in recent times with 10 wins, two draws, and no defeats at home in all competitions so far this year and this will have them confident of brushing aside Brighton and moving back to the summit of the league.
Brighton, on the other hand, head into this vital clash against Arsenal off the back of a 1-1 draw with Burnley last weekend. Having to juggle league and European fixture this season, Brighton have done well so far, as they head into the match just seven points of the top four. They have won two of their last five matches ahead of this clash, losing just once during this run. With that said, the Seagulls, Brighton, have become somewhat of a bogey team for Arsenal recently, winning at the Emirates on their last three trips, including a 3-0 victory in this fixture last season.
• Arsenal – Arsenal is unbeaten at home across all competition so far this season and have scored in each of their last six home matches.
• Brighton – Brighton have scored and conceded in every league matches they have played so far this season. However, they are unbeaten on their last three visits to Arsenal.
• Both sides – Brighton have lost just three of their last 12 meetings against Arsenal, beating them 3-0 when both teams met at the Emirates last season.
The betting Tip. Draw.
Event # 2 EPL – Liverpool vs Man United – 11:30 AM
The two most successful teams in England will face off in a super Sunday banger, as league leader Liverpool go head-to-head with Manchester United, in a highly anticipated clash.
Liverpool will be aiming to continue their winning ways at Anfield as they are one of two teams that have won all their leagues matches at home so far this season, along with Aston Villa. Indeed, Liverpool have been spectacular at home, winning 14 of their last 19 matches in all competitions. With that said, the Reds, Liverpool, are top of the league heading into this crucial clash, having pulled off another late comeback win against Crystal Palace last weekend to maintain their momentum, with star man Mohammed Salah scoring his 200th goal for Liverpool. Indeed, Mohamed Salah and Liverpool love playing against Manchester United in recent times, as their last such game ended with Liverpool thrashing the Red Devils 7-0 last season. If a similar hammering were to take place at Anfield again, Coach Erik Ten Hag may be out of a job as it appears that each time Liverpool dishes out a heavy battering on Man United, the hierarchy normally fires the coach immediately after the match.
Manchester United, meanwhile, have been less than impressive and have had a tough week as the pressure mounts on the Coach Ten Hag. They were surprisingly battered 3-0 at home by Bournemouth last weekend and then 1-0 at home to an already qualified Bayern Munich, to limp their way out of the Champions League and Europe for this season as they finished an embarrassing last in their group. However, in the Premier League, United somehow sits in sixth place and are just 10 points behind Liverpool. Worryingly for United, Liverpool is on a 17-match win streak at home in all competitions and have scored three or more goals in their last five such matches. Indeed, Liverpool have not lost a single game against Manchester United at home since 2016, beating them 7-0 last season and have kept a clean sheet in each of their last four head-to-head matches at Anfield.
• Liverpool – Liverpool have scored at least three goals in six of their last seven Premier league home games and are unbeaten in their last 17 home matches in all competitions.
• Manchester United – Manchester United have failed to score in their last two Premier League games, losing 1-0 to Newcastle and 3-0 to Bournemouth. Worryingly, United have lost nine of their last 10 road games against sides that finished in last season’s top ten.
• Both sides – Liverpool have not lost a single game at home against Man. United since 2016. They have beaten the Red Devils in four of their last five meetings, 4-2, May 2021, 5-0, Oct 2021, 4-0, April 2022, and 7-0 March 2023, with United winning 2-1 in August 2022.