Singer Byron Messia has one of the biggest dancehall songs at present with Talibans and what's more has recently signed a multi-album deal with Interscope Records.
Released in January, Talibans was produced by Ztekk Records and Ej Fya.
Its official video has racked up more than 18 million views on YouTube.
The 23-year-old artiste, who was born in Jamaica, resides in St Kitts and Nevis.
Talibans has been added to hundreds of playlists globally and has become a must-play song at local and international dancehall parties.
Byron Messia's credibility as an artiste has skyrocketed after various videos and pictures emerged online with him in studio with the likes of Popcaan, Burna Boy, Bobby Shmurda, and Prince Swanny.
He has also collaborated with local artistes such as Govana and Jahshii and says this is only the beginning, as he plans to dominate the global musical space with a melting pot of fresh sounds and thought-provoking topics.
"I'm trying to help black people, 'Wake up and understand what is going on," so that they can win at life. Within a year from now I want to win a Grammy, which is ironic because it feels like just yesterday I was on the streets with no money. Now I am living my dream," the artiste told the Jamaica Observer.
Byron Messia recently released the album No Love.
Vent, Smallest Circle and MOCA are among his recent releases.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.