Two decades into his career, Gyptian remains busy as ever. The reggae fusion singer-songwriter is working towards the release of his next album, the follow-up to Sex, Love, and Reggae, and continues to experiment with new sounds.
He maintains an active performing schedule, with upcoming show dates in Miami, Brooklyn, and Atlanta.
Only Room for Two and Hot Gyal Walk Out, the lead singles from his upcoming project, are set for release via VP Records on May 19, and are visualised in a split video directed by Dameon Gayle of Warrior Films JA.
Gyptian recently reflected with Nicholas Nam on the key to his success in music, the concept behind his upcoming releases, and what fans can expect from him this year.
"My contribution as an artiste has always come from a real and authentic place. I stress 'real' because every song was taken from not only my experiences, but also from those around me. So being true and relatable is and was my mission from the start. My music makes you think, laugh, party, and make love. As humans, we're all connected. Music transcends many things, and it is an honour to serve as an ambassador because music is life," said Gyptian.
The artiste says his reggae fusion style is a blend of pop, R&B, Afrobeats, "a lot of flavas makes the dessert sweeter", he added.
Fans, he said, can expect new music, new sounds, and new projects from him in 2023 and beyond.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.