Thursday Food takes you back to the 23rd staging of the Jamaica Observer Table Talk
Food Awards held Thursday, September 29 at Devon House. We feature more of the sights and fare.
The Tourism Enchancement Fund Menu offerings:
Chef Oji Jaja for Ashebre
• Strawberry shrimp ceviche — guacamole, shaved radish, alfalfa sprouts, breadfruit crumble
• Blackened chicken thighs, smoked breadfruit purée and strawberry gastrique
Pure Chocolate Ja
• Cream puff filled with strawberry blue cheese, white chocolate and almond
• Strawberry pink pepper mousse with dark chocolate
• Strawberry white chocolate balsamic vinegar lollipops
Mastercard Menu offerings:
• Salt fish
Pickled Herring, Pick Up Salt Fish, Marlin Ceviche, Root Chips, Crostini
Scotchie Tomato Corn Salsa, Curried Ackee, Creamy Callaloo Dip, Crostini
Plantain and Chicken, Curried Pumpkin, Garlic-Lime Sauce
Jerked Sausage, Plantain, Scotchie Aioli, Coffee BBQ Sauce, Caramelised Onions
• Snapper Ceviche with cruncy banana chips
• Quinoa salad with beetroot hummus in parmesan crisp cup
• Mini Karla...Sweet potato mash topped with satuéed snapper and "Scotchie Skellie" mix
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.