#Champs2023: JC's Hamer wins triple jump for JC
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Jamaica College’s Trevon Hamer jumped a personal best 15.61m (0.8m/s) to win the Class 1 boys" triple jump on Friday at the ISSA/GraceKennedy Boys' and Girls' Athletics Championships at the National Stadium.
Hamer beat the 15.07m previous personal best he set in January as he took over the lead in the third round, passing Kingston College’s Javar Thomas who took the silver with a wind-aided 15.37m (4.2m/s) that he jumped in the first round.
Cornwall College's Kesean Rhoomes who was a finalists in Class 2 last year, took the bronze medal, his school’s first medal of the championships with a personal best 14.50m (-0.2m/s), beating his previous personal best 13.29m set at CARIFTA Trials last year.
– Paul A Reid
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.