#Champs2023: Vere Technical's Caven wins Girls Class 1 high jump
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Vere Technical’s Torian Caven won the Girls' Class 1 high jump title on Friday at the ISSA/GraceKennedy Boys' and Girls' Athletics Championships at the National Stadium, clearing a personal best 1.82m.
Caven was winning her second straight Champs gold medal after winning the Class 2 title last year and surpassed her previous best of 1.79m set last year.
Rasheda Samuels of Edwin Allen was second with a personal best 1.79m, while Richell Stanley of St Elizabeth Technical won the bronze medal with 1.70m, also her lifetime best.
– Paul A Reid
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.