CLARENDON, Jamaica - A 23-year-old Clarendon man was on Saturday, February 4, charged with the murder of a British man who was visiting Jamaica.
Charged is Javaughn Brown of Baillieston in the parish. He is accused of killing Sean Patterson, who was shot dead in Bogue Hill, Montego Bay, St James on Monday, January 2.
Reports are that at about 12:10 pm, Patterson was at a guest house when a lone gunman approached him and opened gunfire hitting him in the upper body.
The police were summoned and Patterson was pronounced dead at hospital.
Comprehensive work done by detectives led to Brown’s arrest during an operation in Kingston by members of the Counter-terrorism and Organized Crime Branch (C-TOC).
He was later interviewed in the presence of his attorney; he subsequently gave a caution statement.
The investigative file was submitted to the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP), who recommended that Brown be charged with murder and using a prohibited weapon to commit murder.
Brown’s court date is being arranged.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.