Cocaine seized at Sangster International Airport, employee arrested
ST JAMES, Jamaica— Police assigned to the Narcotics Division seized 2.5kg of cocaine and arrested an employee at the Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay, St James during an operation that was conducted on Sunday, January 29.
Reports are that about 11:50 am, members of the Narcotics Division and Customs Contraband Enforcement Team (CET) were conducting operations at the airport when an employee was seen acting in a manner that aroused their suspicion.
The employee was subsequently accosted and searched and four parcels containing cocaine were found in his possession.
The man was arrested, however, his identity is being withheld pending further investigations.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.