Flooding in Mobay following heavy rain
ST James, Jamaica— There have been reports of flooding in Montego Bay, St James following heavy rainfall in the area on Tuesday afternoon.
A woman and a child were reportedly washed away by raging flood waters near Westgate in the resort city.
Read: Search underway for 12 y-old and grandmother washed away in MoBay
The Meteorological Service of Jamaica reported that there is a trough across Jamaica and the central Caribbean that is expected to remain in the region over the next several days.
The Met Service advised that residents should expect periods of showers and thunderstorms to continue across sections of most parishes especially in the afternoons and evenings.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.