JLP councillor-caretaker killed in St Catherine crash
ST CATHERINE, Jamaica — A Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) constituency organiser for St Catherine West Central reportedly died in a motor vehicle crash in Byles near Kitson Town in the parish Monday morning.
He has been identified as councillor-caretaker for the Point Hill Division in the constituency, Omar Francis.
The police were unable to provide details but confirmed a fatal crash in the parish this morning.
Francis had also served as G2K vice president and special assistant to Health Minister Dr Christopher Tufton.
In a tweet this morning, Dr Tufton offered his condolences.
“No words. Sadness. RIP Omar. A short life but you lived true to your convictions. We will continue the journey and always remember the role you played.”
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.