Kingston man on gun, wounding with intent charges
KINGSTON, Jamaica - A 29-year-old Kingston man was charged with unauthorised possession of firearm, ammunition and wounding with intent in relation to an incident that occurred in Melbrook Heights, Harbour View on Tuesday, November 29, 2022.
Charged is Jameel Smith of Harbour View, Kingston 17.
Reports from the Elletson Road Police are that about 10:30 pm, the complainant was walking along the roadway when he was allegedly attacked by Smith with a handgun. He was shot multiple times and was taken to hospital where he was admitted.
Smith was charged for the offences after he was questioned in the presence of his attorney on Wednesday February 1, 2023.
His court date has not been finalised.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.