Frederick Grant, the husband of Claire Grant, the deputy chief executive officer of the RJRGleaner Communications Group, was found dead in a suspected case of suicide on Monday night.
Grant, 55, who police said was a marketer at Kingston Bookshop, was found dead at the Worthy Park canefield along Tydixon main road, St Catherine.
It was reported that shortly after 7 pm, police were on patrol in the area when they received information that led them to a section of the Worthy Park canefield where a grey Toyota Hilux pickup was seen throttling and securely locked.
The vehicle was reportedly breached and the deceased was seen seated in the driver's seat with his head slumped forward and a firearm in his lap.
The police said a spent casing was observed on the floor of the driver's seat.
The keys were in the ignition, and two black phones and a black and grey knapsack were on the front passenger seat, the police said.
The body was later removed and identified.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.