ST CATHERINE, Jamaica— A 53-year-old St Catherine man is set to face several charges, including murder, after he allegedly shot and killed a man who tried to intervene in a dispute on Wednesday, January 18.
Conran Johnson otherwise called ‘Con’, of Mount Rosser district in Ewarton, St Catherine has been charged with murder, assault at common-law, possession of illegal firearm, possession of firearm with intent to injure, using a firearm to commit a felony and possession of illegal ammunition.
Reports are that about 3:40 am, the now deceased, Clayton Turner, intervened in a dispute between Johnson and a female companion. He was reportedly shot dead by Johnson, who also pointed the firearm at the woman before fleeing the area.
The police were summoned and Turner was pronounced dead at hospital.
Johnson subsequently turned himself in to the police and was charged.
His court date is being finalised.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.