Massive gun bust: 59 firearms seized at Freeport, Montego Bay
Five rifles were among 59 firearms seized at Freeport in Montego Bay, St James on Friday.
Deputy Commissioner of Police, Fitz Bailey said an intelligence-driven operation involving the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF), Jamaica Customs and international partners led to the massive gun haul.
It was the second major gun bust in Montego Bay in a week, following the seizure of a shipment of 22 firearms at the Seaboard Warehouse in the city last Friday.
More details later.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.