Mentally-ill man struck and killed by car in Hanover
HANOVER, Jamaica— An unidentified man said to be of unsound mind died in Sandy Bay, Hanover as a result of injuries sustained from a motor vehicle accident on Tuesday.
Reports from the Sandy Bay Police are that about 1:20 pm, a BMW motor car was travelling along the Barbican main road towards Lucea when the mentally-ill man stepped into the path of the vehicle and was hit.
The police were summoned and the man was taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead. Investigations are ongoing.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.