ST Ann, Jamaica— A man has been charged after a cellular phone that was robbed from a woman on Warren Street in St Ann’s Bay, St Ann was found in his possession.
Charged with robbery with aggravation, possession of illegal firearm and using a prohibited weapon to commit a felony is 20-year-old Samuel Marshall, otherwise called ‘Sammy’, of Green Bay in Steer Town, St Ann.
Reports are that about 6:47 pm, the robbery victim and a friend were walking along the roadway when they were held up at gunpoint by a masked man, and her cellular phone was taken.
A report was made to the police and the cellular phone was tracked and found in Marshall’s possession. Marshall then confessed to being the robber. He was subsequently charged.
His court date is being arranged.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.