ST JAMES, Jamaica – A St James man was arrested and charged following the stabbing death of another man at Bevan Street in Montego Bay in the parish on Friday.
Delmarr Elson, 34, was charged with murder in connection with the death of 29-year-old Romain Linford, who is also from Montego Bay.
It was reported that around 7:00 am, both men had a disagreement. The police said during a dispute, a pair of scissors was used to stab Linford in the chest.
The now-deceased was assisted by residents to the Cornwall Regional Hospital, where he died while being treated.
Elson, the police said, was later detained and interviewed, after which he was subsequently charged.
The alleged murder weapon was recovered while the murder scene was being processed, the police said.
No court date was given for the accused man.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.