ST THOMAS, Jamaica - A 38-year-old St Thomas man has been charged with wounding with intent, possession of a prohibited weapon and unauthorised possession of ammunition following an incident in his community on Friday, January 27.
Charged is Damion McKoy, otherwise called ‘Prezi’, a farmer of Bamboo Corner, Duckensfield in the parish.
Reports from the Golden Grove Police are that about 10:30 pm, McKoy and a man had an argument. McKoy left, returned with a handgun and pointed it at the man. A tussle ensued.
McKoy allegedly opened gunfire, hitting the man in his leg before fleeing the scene. The police were alerted and an investigation launched.
McKoy was later apprehended and subsequently charged after a question-and-answer session in the presence of his lawyer.
His court date is being finalised.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.