TRELAWNY,Jamaica -The Duncans All -Age School in Trelawny has been plunged into mourning following the death of a teacher on Friday.
She has been identified as Ann-Marie Lindo, the vice principal at the institution, who collapsed and later died after attending a workshop at the Hague Primary School in the parish.
According to reports, Lindo collapsed shortly before 4:00pm while she was walking towards her vehicle in the car park.
She was taken to hospital where she was pronounced dead.
Teachers at the Duncans All-Age School say they are trying to come to grips with Lindo's untimely passing.
She has been described as a passionate teacher who cared for her students. Her skills as a mathematics teacher was recognised throughout the Ministry of Education Region 3.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.