ST ELIZABETH, Jamaica — Relatives have identified the man who was shot and killed by a gunman while he was picking up his nephews and niece from school at Park near Santa Cruz in St Elizabeth on Tuesday.
He is 27-year-old Devar Garwood otherwise called “Bull”, a resident and mason of Institution Drive more popularly called Back Road in Santa Cruz.
READ: Man shot dead while transporting school children in St Elizabeth
Garwood, while transporting the children from Park Mountain Primary, was ambushed by a gunman mid-afternoon Tuesday at the intersection of the Park community entrance and the Santa Cruz to Lacovia main road.
The vehicle in which he and the children were travelling crashed following the shooting.
The children were not harmed.
— Kasey Williams
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.