A man who was shot Sunday during an altercation with a policeman on Windward Road in Kingston has died.
The deceased has been identified as 39-year-old Marvin Palmer, otherwise called ‘Bummy’ of Woodglen Avenue, Kingston 10.
Reports are that about 8:30am, there was an altercation between a taxi driver and another motorist after a minor fender-bender at the corner of Mountain View Avenue and Windward Road.
The policeman intervened but, despite reportedly identifying himself, was attacked by one of the motorists. He reportedly took evasive action and fatally shot his attacker.
READ: Cop allegedly shoots motorist after altercation over fender-bender on Mountain View
The matter was reported to the Independent Commission of Investigations and the Inspectorate of Professional Standards and Oversight Bureau.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.