ST ANN, Jamaica – A St Ann vendor has been charged with office breaking and larceny, shop breaking and larceny, shop breaking with intent and malicious destruction of property following several break-ins in the parish starting in November 2022.
Charged is 55-year-old Alcan Rose, otherwise called ‘Baz’ of Seville Heights in St Ann’s Bay in the parish.
Reports are that on Saturday, November 12, 2022 about 7:00 pm, the complainant securely locked his business place in Claremont and upon his return the following day, he observed that his establishment was broken into and the culprit(s) disabled the alarm system.
Further checks were made and it was discovered that Rose and his accomplice stole cash and cheques amounting to $3,200,000 as well as six boxes, each containing forty packages of cabbage seeds, which had an estimated value of over $3.3 million.
Months later, on Monday, March 6 about 7:45 pm, another complainant reported that she securely locked her ice cream and pastry shop in Claremont and upon her return she discovered that Rose forced his way into the shop and stole more than $15,000.
Later that day, Rose reportedly broke into a petrol station in the same area, where it was discovered that he and his accomplice(s) used implements to cut the grille to the cafeteria and entered the shop. However, nothing was stolen.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.