WATCH: Non-fatal shooting along Edward Seaga Highway
KINGSTON, Jamaica — There was a non-fatal shooting along the Edward Seaga Highway Saturday afternoon.
The constabulary’s Corporate Communication Unit confirmed the shooting but had no details.
A video making the rounds on social media showed the police lifting a bloodied and injured man into the back of a pickup truck. Several vehicles stopped along the major thoroughfare, and one vehicle appeared to have run off the road and was stuck in a ditch.
Several police officers were on the scene.
More details will be available later.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.