Up-and-coming artiste Franq Nitti is singing his way into people’s hearts with his most recent release ‘Love It’ in which he describes a situation that almost everyone can relate to - the end of a relationship.
The artiste, given name Ricardo Trail, said the song was inspired by his girlfriend.
“I wrote this song during a falling out with my girlfriend. After pouring my feelings into the song, we made up. So, in a way, she inspired me,” he said.
‘Love It’ falls in line with some of Franq Nitti’s other releases where he relies on his melodic voice to get his message across.
The artiste, however, showed his versatility with his spin on Style X’s ‘Me Love My Fatty’ when he released ‘Love My Slimmaz’.
Franq Nitti's style of singing is no surprise though as he told OBSERVER ONLINE that growing up he enjoyed a range of music.
“Me used to love listening to love songs and the culture ones them too. I used to look up to Jah Cure, Tevin Campbell and Bounty Killer,” he told OBSERVER ONLINE.
Added to this, the influence he received from his uncle by marriage, Toots Hibbert, and his cousin Vybz Kartel, Franq believes he was poised to enter the music world and make it his own.
“I started doing music from I was a young youth because I grew up around other people doing music. But I officially started when I was about 15-years-old,” he said.
Now at the age of 37, he is hoping to take his career to the next level with touring and subsequent stardom, which he said is within reach since signing with a music production team from Atlanta called EXM Music Production.
“Me see myself a go far, do lots of tours and so forth and signing to this international music company is already helping me to achieve my goals. Me never did have a lot of followers on social media and they push those things already. Even though we just started, they have been a big help already with marketing me and my work,” he disclosed.
The artiste, who hails from Spanish Town in St Catherine, has released several songs over his 17-year career and has enjoyed collaborations with Jah Vinci and songstress IQuey.
When asked which of his songs is a crowd favourite, Franq Nitti had a difficult time finding only one, informing OBSERVER ONLINE that people always gravitate towards his music because his voice comes as a surprise to them.
“Me have a song name ‘Would you Believe it’ and one name ‘Love it’ and another name ‘Hit the Road Jack’, which is a Ray Charles cover. You know almost all of my songs people love because I am a singer and most times them just don’t expect that voice from me. Them love when me do the softer side of music and they love when I do more dancehall-type songs too because I guess them love me flow,” Franq Nitti said.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.