IN a heart-warming show of kindness and generosity FirstRock Foundation, a non-profit organisation dedicated to empowering Jamaicans through education and social welfare, has teamed up again with the BossMom Network to donate a beautiful new home to mother of three girls, Olivea Ryan.
The BossMom Network's charity arm, BossMom Builds, has been changing the lives of mothers in need through corporate and private partnerships since the beginning of the pandemic three years ago, donating six houses and assisting over 130 mothers in need.
"We are thrilled to partner with the BossMom Network to make a difference in the lives of mothers in need. We believe in the power of collective action to create positive change in our communities, and this home donation is a testament to that belief," expressed FirstRock Director Pauline Reid.
Just in time for Mother's Day the new home was built in Kitson Town, St Catherine, and presented to Ryan and her young daughters. The family was filled with excitement and gratitude as they received a fully furnished house, complete with living and bedroom furniture, bedding, a four-seater dining table, kitchen utensils, food items, baby supplies, a playpen, and school supplies for the children.
"Words cannot express the joy and happiness that I feel. This is a dream come true for me and my children. I am grateful to the BossMom Network, FirstRock Foundation, Ford, and all the donors who made this possible. I no longer have to worry about living in a cramped and run-down space. With the new home I can now focus on creating a home-based business that allows me to care for my children while earning an income," said Ryan.
This is the second time he FirstRock Foundation has partnered with the BossMom Network, bringing together some of the 'Mom' team members who volunteered to build. The build mission was also supported by motor company Ford and supplemented with donations from GraceKennedy and members of the BossMom community.
BossMom Network Principal Michelle Gordon expressed her gratitude for FirstRock Foundation's steadfast support, stating, "The FirstRock Foundation has proven to be an invaluable partner in our mission to support mothers in need. When I reached out to them for support this year they did not hesitate to say yes. Their commitment to giving back to the community is truly admirable, and we are grateful for their support in making this BossMom Build mission a success," she declared.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.