More highlights from national honours and awards
THE 2022 Ceremony of Investiture and Presentation of National Honours and Awards, held on Monday, saw 221 Jamaicans being recognised for their contributions to Jamaica's development in various categories.
Ten individuals were invested into the Order of Jamaica while 30 people received the Order of Distinction in the rank of Commander.
Meanwhile, 35 Jamaicans received the Order of Distinction in the rank of Officer, 29 received the Badge of Honour for Meritorious service, and 30 received the Badge of Honour for Long and Faithful Service.
Members of the uniform services also received the Medal of Honour for Gallantry and Medal of Honour for Meritorious Service.
Below we bring you additional highlights from the ceremony:
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.