What to do with mum for Mother's Day became a no-brainer when sought-after make-up artist Gabrielle Waite, principal of Gabby Glam Co, invited expressions of interest in a Glam & Sip-Mommy & Me Edition for Mother's Day at the ROK Hotel in Kingston on Saturday, May 13. It was oversubscribed!
"I thought it the perfect opportunity to bring mothers and their daughters closer together while exploring the world of make-up artistry, and to make it an unforgettable celebration of love, beauty, and togetherness," said Waite.
Based on the interactions, non-stop laughter, and photoshoots, it was mission accomplished!
There was more. Boss Mom, a network that exists to support 'momtrepreneurs' who can benefit from a community of successful, like-minded women — operated by parenting consultant Michelle Gordon — teamed up with Gabby Glam to provide beauty boxes. Each box was chockful of goodies: gift certificates from The Face Place, the Party Fairy, Ocean Cliff Hotel, So Babe Beauty Bar, TacBar, PR Chick, Cellar 8, Ford, Spaces Limited, to name a few.
Supporters of the event, Medical Disposables & Supplies Limited (MDS) and EC Makeup Bar, were on-site with even more gifts for mothers and daughters. Elevated hors d'oeuvres and mimosas were courtesy of the ROK Hotel.
Waite's commitment to enhancing natural beauty and fostering meaningful relationships made this an unforgettable celebration of love, beauty, and togetherness.
Page 2 had exclusive access.
Photos: Karl Mclarty and Commercial Concepts
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.