Reggae Boyz striker Junior Flemmings has joined French Ligue 2 outfit Chamois Niortais on loan from Ligue 1 team Toulouse for the rest of the season in a deal that does not include an option to make the move permanent.
Flemmings has struggled since joining Toulouse last season from Birmingahm Legion last year, and has made just three appearances for the French club in their promotion from Ligue 2 to Ligue 1.
The former Tivoli Gardens striker has yet to feature this season for Toulouse in top-flight football and instead turned out for the reserve team.
The 27-year-old Flemming has now joined the Chamois Niortais team, who are desperate for goals this season, having scored 18 times this term, which is joint-lowest tally in the entire division.
Flemming, who is a former Jamaica College Manning Cup standout, made his debut for the Reggae Boyz in 2017, has scored four goals for the country in 26 appearances so far.
He has also represented Jamaica at the Under-17 and Under-20 levels.
— Robert Bailey
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.