LONDON, England (AP) — Tottenham Manager Antonio Conte said surgery to remove his gall bladder had "gone well" yesterday.
The 53-year-old Conte had been diagnosed as having cholecystitis after recently experiencing "severe abdominal pain", the Premier League club said in a statement.
"Thank you for your lovely messages, my surgery has gone well and I'm already feeling better," Conte said in a post on Instagram.
The Italian coach is set for a period away from work to recuperate.
"Now's time to recover, I can't wait to get back on the field with the team," he wrote.
Tottenham is in fifth place in the Premier League, has advanced to the fifth round of the FA Cup, and resumes UEFA Champions League play this month in the round of 16 against AC Milan.
Assistant Coach Cristian Stellini is expected to step in when Tottenham hosts Manchester City on Sunday.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.