It's no secret that team SO are huge fans of the multi-hyphenate Khadine "Miss Kitty" Hylton. Indeed, her word for 2023 Transformation is 'pinned' alongside her documented journey of self-awareness. Eager for more we joined the over 2,500 strong Sagicor Group Jamaica squad on the lawns of Hope Zoo on January 18, to receive #FutureReady tips for success.
1. Think Strategically
It is not enough to think about and wish for what you want. You must put strategic plans in place to successfully take your ideas from dream to reality. Great ideas are only that — ideas — if not executed. As the famous quote aptly puts it: "Execution eats strategy for breakfast."
2. Be Grateful
As international reggae artist Koffee sang in her hit single Toast — "Gratitude is a must." Miss Kitty believes that having an attitude of gratitude can play a key role in your success. "Your attitude can determine your altitude," she said. Everything may not be going how you envisioned it, but focus on the positive and not the negative.
3. Take That First Step
The journey begins with the first step, akin to the words of Martin Luther King, Jr — "You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." Step into 2023 with, determination, resilience, tenacity and unapologetically high standards. To be 'Future Ready Now' means making sacrifices today, so that you can have the future you desire tomorrow. Success doesn't happen overnight. It is usually a result of many failures, often unseen, but you must keep going, and importantly, start.
4. Assess Your Circle
"Show me your friends and I will tell you who you are" is a popular adage that speaks to your circle of friends and those you associate yourself with. It is important to assess your companions to see if those closest to you are "your circle or a cage". Are your friends your biggest and loudest cheerleaders or are they usually ghostly quiet when it comes to celebrating your wins? Hold yourself accountable for the people you keep close; you are ultimately responsible for the company you keep.
5. Be Courageous
Don't be afraid to be bold and courageous with your dreams and aspirations. Even in the face of uncertainty, push forward. Your dreams are valid, even when you feel scared, anxious, unsure. Do not be limited by anyone else's limitations. Sometimes people will stereotype you and put you in a box, but do not to let anybody write your story for you. You are the author of your own narrative.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.