MARTHA BRAE, Trelawny — HARMONY FC and Duncans United will meet in the final of the Trelawny Football Association MP Tova Hamilton-sponsored Knockout competition at William Knibb Memorial on Saturday, starting at 3:00 pm.
Harmony FC and Duncans United qualified for the final and a place in the Jamaica Football Federation Tier II play-off after wins in the semi-finals last weekend.
Harmony beat Holland United 4-3 on penalty kicks after they were locked at 1-1 following regulation time on Saturday, while Duncans United beat Jackson Town 3-0 a day after. Both games were played at William Knibb.
On Saturday, Jaymar Skyers gave Holland United the lead after nine minutes but Romaine Lewis equalised for Harmony FC in the 57th minute and after neither team was able to break the tie, the game was decided on penalty kicks.
A day later Oshane Plummer scored twice for Duncans United to beat Jackson Town, scoring in the 35th and 57th minutes, while Gerald Underhill scored the other goal in the 47th minute.
— Paul Reid
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: email@example.com.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.