Amanda Hinds was crowned Miss KPopDramaFest at the inaugural KPopDramaFest 2023: Black & White Edition at the HEART Trust/NTA Portmore Academy in St Catherine recently.
“I’m shocked, surprised, because everything that could have gone wrong, honestly, had gone wrong. So I’m just so happy that everything pulled through because a lot of my friends helped me,” Hinds told the Jamaica Observer.
Hinds was drawn to the event when she saw it promoted on social media.
“I entered this event because when I saw it on Instagram I thought this was interesting. I’d never entered a pageant before, but I was like I think I can do fairly well in this,” said Hinds.
“I like everything about K-pop. I like the visuals, the music, the diversity in terms of lyrics and content, the way how the fandom works. It’s all entertaining in a way that’s just different,” Hinds continued.
Hinds said she was brought to the K-pop fold by a friend in 2017.
The event saw St Ann’s Nathania Dixon taking the first runner-up title, while Kingston’s Gizelle Harrison taking third place.
KPopDramaFest 2023 was well received by fans who turned out to fill the Portmore Academy auditorium for a full day of K-pop themed activities.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.