Main Street, Ocho Rios was the place to be on Saturday, April 29 for good vibes, good music and good food from the Pepsi Food Truck Pop-Up.
Chef Aaliyah Terrelonge served up street food goodness with a Smokey BBQ Pulled Pork Burger infused with Pepsi, Scotch Bonnet Sweet Chilli Chicken Skewers, Grilled Corn (Mexican-style) and Loaded Green Plantain Fries, all paired with a refreshing Pepsi.
The decadence of her dishes lingered long after the last bite, so much so that most rejoined the line for seconds.
Loyal Pepsi customer Odette Dale shared that once she saw the food truck, she had to make her way over.
"Pepsi is always a vibe. It just [soothes] everything. Of course the food is great. This is my first time having plantain fries, and I'm blown away. I'm just loving everything!" she emphasised.
Foodie influencer Tiana "Wonga Gyal" Chung also made sure to grab a bite of every delicious item on the menu.
In the meantime, Pepsi ambassadors and Irie FM deejays Teddy and Kemar challenged patrons with a lyrical battle, a Pepsi-drinking contest, and musical chairs. Adding to guests' delight, there were also giveaways that even a brief downpour could not dampen.
Pepsi Cola Jamaica Brand Coordinator Yanique Dawkins said, "I'm so happy that everyone came out today and were just so curious and excited to try the food with Pepsi and to enjoy this Saturday afternoon with the brand."
The Pepsi Food Truck Pop-Up rolls back into Kingston on May 12 with Chef Haleem Card and then May 28 with Chef Andre Sewell.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.