KINGSTON, Jamaica– A curfew has been imposed in Tivoli Gardens in the Kingston Western Division in accordance with the Law Reform (Zones of Special Operations) Special Security and Community Development Measures Act. The curfew began at 6:00 pm on Friday and will continue until 6:00 pm on Sunday
The boundaries of the curfew are as follows:
North: Along Spanish Town Road from the intersection with Industrial Terrace to the intersection with Heywood Street and Matthews Lane;
East: Along Matthews Lane from the intersection with Spanish Town Road to the intersection with Water Lane;
South: Along Water Lane from the intersection with Matthews Lane, continue onto Marcus Garvey Drive to the intersection with Industrial Terrace;
West: Along Industrial Terrace from the intersection with Marcus Garvey Drive to the intersection with Spanish Town Road.
During the hours of the curfew, all persons within its boundaries are required to remain within their premises unless otherwise authorised in writing by the ground commander.
- We welcome reader comments on the top stories of the day. Some comments may be republished on the website or in the newspaper; email addresses will not be published.
- Please understand that comments are moderated and it is not always possible to publish all that have been submitted. We will, however, try to publish comments that are representative of all received.
- We ask that comments are civil and free of libellous or hateful material. Also please stick to the topic under discussion.
- Please do not write in block capitals since this makes your comment hard to read.
- Please don't use the comments to advertise. However, our advertising department can be more than accommodating if emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If readers wish to report offensive comments, suggest a correction or share a story then please email: email@example.com.